I don’t know a single person who is into action sports and adventure that hasn’t, at some point, mentioned wanting a GoPro. Following that confession is usually something like, “But, I cannot justify spending $400 plus accessories.” Enter, the MHD Sport 2.0 Wi-Fi Action Camera with Live View RF Wrist Remote. Following their successful 1.0 Model last year, Monoprice brought a wealth of new features to the 2.0 model to bring it closer to what GoPro offers in their Hero+ models at a much lower price point.
For just $199, you get an action camera capable of shooting 1080P video at 60 fps, 720P at 120 fps, and WVGA (848×480) at 240 fps. You can also use the MHD for shooting 16 megapixel still images in bursts of up to 7 shots in rapid succession, or continuous shots from 1-60 seconds for timelapse style videos. It’s waterproof housing can be submerged up to 196 feet (60 meters) for up to 60 minutes.
Included with the 2.0 Model is the RF Wrist Remote, which allows you to control and view live video for up to six cameras. Yes, six. Also included are a variety of accessories, allowing you to mount the camera to a flat surface, curved surface, or strapped to a fixed point. Chest and head mounting straps are sold separately. The camera also features built-in Wi-Fi so you can easily transfer images and videos to your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Full Feature List:
- Uses a 3.4mm ƒ/2.8 lens
- Captures full HD 1080p video images at 60 fps, 720p at 120 fps, and WVGA at 240 fps
- Takes still photos at 5, 8, 12, or 16 megapixels resolution
- Uses the H.264 video codec and mp4 file format
- 140° wide angle lens with selectable fields of view
- Wi-Fi connectivity (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
- Includes waterproof case, protecting the camera to depths up to 196 feet (60m) for up to 60 minutes duration
- Uses the commonly available SLB-10A Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Free apps for accessing the camera using your Android or iOS smartphone
- Includes RF Wrist Remote for control and live view
- MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB, Class 6 minimum)
- HDMI® Mini Connector for direct connection to an HDTV
- Supports time lapse recording and interval shooting
- Burst mode captures 7 images in 1 second
While you lose the low light ability, some of the waterproof robustness and 4K of the premium GoPro models, you get a lot of bang for your buck with the MHD 2.0 Sport at $199. A great option for those breaking into the action cam market who aren’t ready to shell out high dollars to find out if they will like it or not.
You can pickup one today at Monoprice right here.