The iconic square case of Bell & Ross watches is known to even the most layman of watch collectors. Their watches have helped inspire a revolution of aviator style watch faces across the market. The BR-X1 Hypersonic Chronograph is the first watch in a new collection, ushering in a new saga for the brand. We talked about the BR-01 some time ago, where that watch leaves off, the BR-X1 takes over.
Dubbed “The Ultimate Utility Watch”, the BR-X1 is a top-of-the-range contemporary sports watch directly inspired by aeronautical flight instruments. Only 250 will be made at a price tag of just over $19,000. Full specifications include:
- Bell & Ross special movement: automatic mechanical. Skeleton chronograph.
- Functions: hours, minutes and small seconds.
- Skeleton date at 6 o’clock. Chronograph with 60-second and 30-minute timers.
- Case: 45 mm diameter. Titanium and ceramic with rubber inserts.
- Toggle push-buttons. Back with opening in tinted sapphire crystal, centred on the balance.
- Dial: grey-tinted mineral glass.
- Metal skeleton SuperLumiNova®-filled hours and minutes hands.
- Appliqué metal indices with Superluminova® inserts.
- Glass: sapphire crystal with anti-glare coating.
- Water-resistance: 100 meters.
- Straps: woven black rubber.
- Buckle: pin. Steel with rubber insert
To learn more about the BR-X1 and the new collection, visit Bell & Ross.