Those of us in the photography world find ourselves constantly searching for the perfect camera bag. Or, maybe that’s just me? I’ve been hauling around a Pelican 1560 hard rolling case for a number and years that has treated me well. For carry-on demands, the 1510 case works great. Mine even tumbled off the back end of a Jeep in Moab suffering no damage to my gear inside. Pelican makes some of the best hard cases you can buy. The Pelican S130 Sport Elite Laptop/Camera Divider Pack is perfect for guys like me. What makes this case very different from the assortment of other laptop/camera bags out there is it combines Pelican’s hard case technology with soft case photo gear love.
The laptop section is crushproof and watertight to 1 meter for 30 minutes. Although it doesn’t say this on their website, I can’t imagine the zipper gear enclosure does the same for your bodies and lenses. So don’t go using this case as a personal floatation device.
- Built-In Watertight, Crushproof Case
(Top-Loading, Fast Access TSA Ready and Under Seat Convenient)
- Slim case for use with – Ultrabook™ laptops
- Watertight to 1 meter for 30 min* – O-Ring Gasket Sealed
- Pressure Equalization Valve – Prevents Vacuum Lock
- Removable padded divider set – Protects Cameras, Tablets, and other Devices
- Rigid front plate for impact protection
- Bottom Expanding Sling Storage
- Load Compression Straps
- Top-loader 25 liter main storage – Durable Rip-Stop Nylon
- Chest clip and removable hip belt
- Floating shoulder straps and lumbar pad – Ergonomic Ventilated Back
Aside from the stout laptop protection, I really like seeing a strong top handle, water bottle holders and compression straps. Nearly every time I venture out into the unknown I need to carry a jacket and the compression straps would be great for that. The only thing I’m not seeing is a tripod mount? I am sure the straps could hold your tripod but it would be nice to see a dedicated section for it. The photo dividers are also removeable should you want to use it as a normal pack.
Head on over to Pelican and pickup yours today: www.pelican.com