We still love to take notes over here. Typing into our smartphone is great, but when you need to draw an image or photo shoot setup, paper is simply easier. Hemingway’s favorite notepad just took a huge leap into the future of note taking with, The Livescribe Notebook by Moleskine. This is more than just a pad of paper. The notebook teams up with the Livescribe 3 Smartpen using Bluetooth to take your notes directly from your pad to your iPad, while you’re writing.
There are a few other smartpens and pads we’ve seen enter the market, but none of them do it live. The notebook presents the same iconic design details of every Moleskine notebook. Familiar round corners, ivory-colored pages and ribbon bookmark. The on-page commands which enable quick access to the app’s features, including voice recognition, have also been redesigned in the Moleskine style. Two bookmarks are stored in the back pocket with further commands for the Livescribe smartpen. The debossed pattern on the cover subtly recalls the design of the smartpen, a perfect finish for this innovative tool that bridges analog and digital.
The Moleskine Livescribe Notebooks are available in #1 and #2 and work with all Livescribe smartpens. They measure 5 x 8.25 inches, hold 240 pages, use acid-free paper and have an expandable inside pocket.
- Take notes in a Moleskine notebook, and send each penstroke to your device, so you can see your ideas travel from paper to screen.
- Enjoy the convenience of digital whilst indulging in the tactile pleasures of pen and paper, for a seamless creative experience.
- Convert handwriting into editable text to cut and paste, tweet or SMS your notes as you please.
- Livescribe smartpens can capture sound so you can associate key ideas jotted down in the notebook with the full discussion that can be listened to again and again.
- Ideas often come in a scattered manner; keep them organized by tagging them on the page and saving them in the app to review action items in one place. Further controls are printed on the bookmarks in the back pocket.
- The advanced capabilities of Livescribe smartpens meet the elegant space of the Moleskine notebook with its classic design details. Ivory-coloured pages, rounded corners, ribbon bookmark and elastic closure join a cover design that mirrors the pattern on the pen’s body, while the interior contains the famous “in case of loss, please return to…” label on the flyleaf.