The latest watch from Casio brings a wealth of features destined for the wilderness. The new Casio PRW3000 comes in two versions as seen below. Both are Solar Powered and use Casio’s new Triple Sensor Version 3 engine. The new engine allows Casio to achieve a 95% smaller direction sensor and 90% reduction in sensor power consumption compared to previous models. What that means to you is, longer battery life. Despite their smaller size, the new sensors deliver better accuracy and energy efficiency. The PRW3000 measures Altitude in 1m increments (previously 5m) and display compass readings with 60-seconds of continuous measurement (previously 20 seconds). In addition to the altimeter and digital compass, the watch’s Barometer, incorporates a unique Barometric Pressure Tendency Alarm that alerts the wearer to sudden changes in pressure readings.
Design features include a compact, sleek case and soft urethane band for a better fit to the wrist. One-touch access to digital compass, barometric pressure/altitude, and temperature readings keep important information at your fingertips. Other features include Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping, 100-meter water resistance, and more. Everything about these models is designed and engineered to make them essential pieces of outdoor gear.
What we like:
- At $300, the price is on the money compared to competitive models
- Solar Powered is key to the evolution of all outdoor related products
- Both color ways are pleasing to the eye and for those concerned, should coordinate with most clothing (wheres the orange?)
- 3 large side buttons designated for each separate function makes this model stand out from the pack
- Full Auto LED light Super Illuminator looks great and bright
For more information, visit Casio.