We’ve been paying close attention to Blackmagic over the past few years. They are churning out some rather unique and revolutionary photography gear making it easier and less expensive to get your motion picture magic to the world. Just released, the new Blackmagic Studio Camera HD brings a collection of incredible features packed into a mid-sized, portable device starting at $1,995.
The Blackmagic Studio Camera HD is one of world’s most advanced broadcast cameras for live production. You get a massive 10-inch viewfinder, MFT lens mount, 4 hour battery, talkback, tally indicators, phantom powered microphone connections and built in optical fiber and SDI connections that let you connect to your switcher with a single cable. Its incredibly tough, lightweight magnesium alloy body is packed with all the built-in features you need for multi camera production and broadcast.
- Ultra HD recording at 3840×2160 is 4x the size of 1080HD
- Micro 4/3 lens mount and third party adapters means you can use all of your favorite lenses
- Large 10-inch Full HD viewfinder
- Bi-Directional Optical Filter – connect multiple cameras to your switcher
- Built in Talkback – keep in touch with your crew via Aviation headsets
- Illuminated Tally lets you know when you are live and recording at all times
- Remote Camera Control allows you full camera control from your switcher
- 4 hour battery – with mounts for additional third party batteries
- Use external or built-in microphones
- Die Cast magnesium alloy body is lightweight
- Compact size makes transporting your gear easy
- Podcasting from anywhere
- On location production
- Outdoor product launches and reviews
- Live events and classrooms
- Anywhere you need the highest level of video production
We love everything about the new Blackmagic Studio Camera HD. Maybe one day we’ll see one around our office bringing you the latest live video reviews and on-site product testing! To learn more about the new camera, visit Blackmagic.